Thread: Double screen problem Ubuntu 23.10

Beans

Double screen problem Ubuntu 23.10

Hello.

I just connected a second screen which is well recognized and I wanted to set up my screens with their own resolution and ability to have 2 different contents instead of having the same image in both screens.

I saw many articles and posts who always speak about Screen settings where we are supposed to interact.
    But my own Screen settings do not have many options such to clone or to mirror or to place a second screen on the right side and more...and absolutely nothing about a second screen.
    I also saw it is possible to use Xandr for that and after many tests I can't always figure it out for my needs.
    I remember some old Ubuntu version had ability to visually choose where to place a second screen but not anymore.
    I don't play game and my desktop is a simple Intel NUC so normally is not a graphic card problem.
    Any clues please ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Double screen problem Ubuntu 23.10

You do not say which version of Ubuntu you are on. I have used Ubuntu 23.10 and am now using 24.04 LTS I have had no problems using system settings>screen display to either join or mirror an second display.

By the way, I am not sure that Xrandr will work if Ubuntu is running on Wayland.

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Re: Double screen problem Ubuntu 23.10

Yes I said I'm on 23.10...and Xrandr tell me I'm under X11 and not Wayland...

I did not see new version 24.04 as been released few days ago..maybe the fact to upgrade could solve my problem.
    My actual system do not propose me to upgrade...I tried to make

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
    but nothing to upgrade....