Having updated to 10.10 I am having a problem getting songs from Rhythmbox to my iPod.

When i plug in the iPod it mounts fine and opens in Rhythmbox. I then transfer the songs that i just pulled off amazon/ubuntu one onto the iPod by drag and drop. In Rhythmbox, the songs appear to be on the iPod and i can even play them off the ipod while it is mounted to Rhythmbox - i.e. when i am browsing the music selection on the ipod through rythmbox the songs will play, which makes me think they are on the ipod.

The problem is that when i try and play a song off the ipod, through speakers or headphones, then nothing plays. The song simply sits silent on the ipod. The track timer doesn't move and the tracks count up at around 4 second intervals.

This simple drag and drop approach worked in 10.04.

I see that there are some problems syncing ipods in 10.10. The most relevant appears to be a bug reported here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ox/+bug/654105

This bug however appears to be about taking songs off an ipod, not putting them on. That said i think the problem might be related (about copying appropriate extensions). The issue is that the ipod organises music in such a bizarre fashion that i can't find the songs to check the extension that has come off Rhytmbox. I don't want to duplicate the bug if its the same or related.

Any ideas on how i might fix this or what i might do about the checking if the bug is the same would be appreciated.

Thanks.