Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't get songs from Rhythmbox to iPod - 10.10 Maverick Meercat

Beans

Re: Can't get songs from Rhythmbox to iPod - 10.10 Maverick Meercat

Quote Originally Posted by MorrisseyJ View Post
    Failing that it looks like there might be a problem with the ipod nano as this i what people seem unable to get working.
    Glad I stumbled on this. The gstreamer plugins trick worked for me on a fresh install of Maverick. I have an ipod nano 5g so not all nanos are having problems.

Beans

Installing the gstreamer plugins with

Code:
    sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins*
    Worked for me, however it seems a bit of problem when simply by updating to 10.10 it breaks iPod support in Rhythmbox (and probably others)

Surely this should be a addressed, unless it's only isolated users? And if so why only a few?

Beans

i was having this same problem, the solution was quite simple. the ipod was last formatted/restored on a mac, so it was using the hfs+ file system and none of the linux pod management software was able to deal with permissions in this without all sort of hassle; basically, i could read from but not write to the pod.

i used a windows install of itunes to "restore" the pod - which erases the content and formats the internal drive - and now all of the linux ipod management software is able to both write and read to it. i'm currently rebuilding the pod using rhythmbox music player in ubuntu 10.10, works fine now that the pod drive is formatted to fat32.

hope this helps! --josh (buffalo creek, co)

Beans

I was having a *different* problem - i couldn't transfer the files from Rhythmbox to my Ipod in the first place. Ianstump's solution worked for me too.

Beans

Old thread closed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123