Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't get songs from Rhythmbox to iPod - 10.10 Maverick Meercat

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Can't get songs from Rhythmbox to iPod - 10.10 Maverick Meercat

Having updated to 10.10 I am having a problem getting songs from Rhythmbox to my iPod.

When i plug in the iPod it mounts fine and opens in Rhythmbox. I then transfer the songs that i just pulled off amazon/ubuntu one onto the iPod by drag and drop. In Rhythmbox, the songs appear to be on the iPod and i can even play them off the ipod while it is mounted to Rhythmbox - i.e. when i am browsing the music selection on the ipod through rythmbox the songs will play, which makes me think they are on the ipod.

The problem is that when i try and play a song off the ipod, through speakers or headphones, then nothing plays. The song simply sits silent on the ipod. The track timer doesn't move and the tracks count up at around 4 second intervals.

This simple drag and drop approach worked in 10.04.

I see that there are some problems syncing ipods in 10.10. The most relevant appears to be a bug reported here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ox/+bug/654105

This bug however appears to be about taking songs off an ipod, not putting them on. That said i think the problem might be related (about copying appropriate extensions). The issue is that the ipod organises music in such a bizarre fashion that i can't find the songs to check the extension that has come off Rhytmbox. I don't want to duplicate the bug if its the same or related.

Any ideas on how i might fix this or what i might do about the checking if the bug is the same would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Beans

Re: Can't get songs from Rhythmbox to iPod - 10.10 Maverick Meercat

Same problem here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

So i have found one of the songs that is on my iPod but which won't play through it.

In the file system on the iPod it knows that the file is an mp3 and if i double click it, it will open and play it in movie player.

I have no idea why the iPod won't read these new songs.

@ dandescendant this doesn't seem like a widely experienced problem. I doubt its a hardware thing but mind if i ask you what you are using. I am on a Asus A6Rp Entertainment notebook and i can't seem to find the model of my ipod.

Beans

I have the same problem. 10.10 x64 running on desktop machine with Asus Motherboard

Beans

I can't play songs uploaded using Rhythmbox on my iPod Touch 3g, like everyone.
    However, I uploaded some songs using Banshee Media Player and I can listen to them

Beans

I am having the same problem with my ipod and ubuntu 10.10.

I have just completed a clean install straight from the disk and it is still not working.

I even upgraded my ipod software to the latest version with no success.

I have noticed the new files added to my ipod don't have a file extension, so I renamed the file adding the 'mp3' extension, but this doesn't work either.

Does anyone know if its possible to install an older version of Rhythmbox?

Beans

Same problem. Songs transfer but won't play.

Quote Originally Posted by mabo1 View Post
    I have noticed the new files added to my ipod don't have a file extension, so I renamed the file adding the 'mp3' extension, but this doesn't work either.
    I noticed the same thing, and when I right click on my ipod and say sync I get the error message "None of the tracks to be transferred are in a format supported by the target device, and no encoders are available for the supported formats."

This is with an ipod nano 4g that worked in lucid
    10.10 x64 upgrade
    asus p5ne-sli mobo

@lucasnogueira I might give Banshee a try, as I will rather miss my music

Beans

Hellomy fellas, to do so you need to install the proper codecs...
    Just do:
    HTML Code:
    sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins*
    This surely works (tried it)
    Cheers!

Beans

Ive been having the same issue with my 6th gen 80gb classic in 10.10 using Rhythmbox. I'll give it a shot after i install the plugins as advised and post some results.

Results: worked. totally worked. ive been trying to get this stuff to work since 10.10 came out. Thanks ianstump
    Last edited by DriftingSamurai7; October 26th, 2010 at 07:14 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Worked for me too.

Thanks very much ianstump.

I'll mark this as solved, if anyone is still having problems i think it'd be best to start a new thread and ref this one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast