Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "printer may not be connected"??

Beans

Re: "printer may not be connected"??

still not solved, pls help, many thanks, all suggestions welcome!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Same problem. This workaround of downgrading libusb-0.1.4 in synaptic worked for me. See entry #38:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/595650

(from http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...nnected&page=2 )

Beans

@sparty_xubunter: many thanks for your link! seems several other people have the same trouble.

now i am using kubuntu (on a amd64, if that matters), and in kpackagekit (the kubuntu package manager) unfortunately i cannot seem to find an option to "force version" nowhere. could a good kubuntu-using soul please help me with this?

if in doubt what all this is about, please follow the link that sparty_xubunter has kindly posted and scroll down to item 38.

thank you very much!

Beans

hello, problem still not solved, still waiting for a friendly kubuntu user who could show me how to "force version" in kpackagekit and downgrade libusb-0.1.4 to the version that i need. many thanks if you can help me!

Beans

Hi klirka,

Thank you for starting this thread, I had this exact problem today with the same printer as you.

I am also using kubuntu..

Open up konsole and paste the following:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install libusb-0.1-4=2:0.1.12-14
    That will do it for you and automatically downgrade the package..

I just tested it and it definitely works, I also removed the printer from system settings -> printer configuration
    and shut down the printer turned it back on.. It was auto detected and configured printed a test page and it worked..

Again thanks for raising this and sparty_xubunter for showing the page with fix..

Beans

hi again,

i posted vdopeys line in konsole and now my printer is working again. *thanks, vdopey and sparty_xubunter, for your very kind help!*

i mark this thread as solved.

[a warning to those who read this: kpackagekit just offered to upgrade the downgraded package again. --- seems we now cannot automatically "select all updates" and "apply" changes any more, but must select by hand and leave out that old libusb upgrade proposal.]

Beans

Hi klirka,

Yeah I hadn't thought about that, but this is obviously a bug they know about and will probably be fixed within a few days time, so you should only need to have it at this version temporarily, I hope.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/595650 -- In fact checking the bug report, its already been marked critical, it will probably be fixed very soon, again I hope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12