Thread: Wine Hangs and Freezes Guitar Pro 5.2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Red face Wine Hangs and Freezes Guitar Pro 5.2

Wine seems to slowly deteriorate the speed of the programs its running (in this case Guitar Pro 5) then eventually the program becomes unresponsive. I know this is a big problem for a lot of people and ive search everwhere, although people seem to run games which hog more RAM and Swap then a somewhat medium sized application. Mainly, im looking for tweaks (within either program) so i don't have to restart the application so much (willing to risk sound quality).
    ... and my RAM, Swap, and CPU usage during these hangs aren't even close to maxed out.

Thanks,
    Tyler

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Wine Hangs and Freezes Guitar Pro 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by memetalman View Post
    Wine seems to slowly deteriorate the speed of the programs its running (in this case Guitar Pro 5) then eventually the program becomes unresponsive. I know this is a big problem for a lot of people and ive search everwhere, although people seem to run games which hog more RAM and Swap then a somewhat medium sized application. Mainly, im looking for tweaks (within either program) so i don't have to restart the application so much (willing to risk sound quality).
    ... and my RAM, Swap, and CPU usage during these hangs aren't even close to maxed out.

Thanks,
    Tyler
    which version of Wine are you using? wine-1.2-rc2 is the most recent.