Thread: Camel Snus!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Camel Snus!

Has anyone tried this stuff yet, if so then what did you think of it? A friend gave me a pouch of it and it is awesome. It is suppose to not be as bad for your health as regular smokeless tobacco. You don't have to spit either, its made so that it can be swallowed. I think I might be able to use this stuff to help me quit smoking.
    "The future masters of technology will have to be lighthearted and intelligent. The machine easily masters the grim and the dumb." -- Marshall McLuhan, 1969.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Camel Snus!

i saw this stuff on akwik-e mart. is it like chewing tobacco thays like gum?
    I heard that somewhere, 'Ubuntu' is a word in the African language, that means 'prosperity, good-fortune, etc.' Nice job Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by wolfyking2 View Post
    i saw this stuff on akwik-e mart. is it like chewing tobacco thays like gum?
    The frost flavor tastes just like spearmint chewing gum.
    "The future masters of technology will have to be lighthearted and intelligent. The machine easily masters the grim and the dumb." -- Marshall McLuhan, 1969.

Beans

I got a few coupons for free tins in the mail. I've tried both the "mellow" and "frost" varieties. Pretty good, not enough flavor for me. Maybe I got an old batch.

Snus has a much lower concentration of nitrosamines (cancer causing substance present in moist snuffs) due to the way it's manufactured and are reportedly much safer. Camel snus is made by Swedish Match for Camel in Sweden. You can get the stuff they sell in Sweden cheaper sent to your house airmail.

Beans

Cool Re: Camel Snus!

I just started trying snus about a week ago. I started with Marlboro Rich, then Camel Frost. i like the Marlboro pretty well, but it is too sweet. The Camel Frost just tastes like intense peppermint, to me (think Altoids). They are also too sweet and nothing in the flavor is even remiscent of tobacco. They are not terrible, just not what I want.

So, Saturday I went to a cigar store and they had a nice selection of General snus imported from Sweden. I tried to buy some, but the man at the store insisted on giving me a trial sampler for free, then come back later to buy. So far, I have only tried the White Portion, which is a plain tobacco flavor. So far, these are my favorite (over the Marlboro and Camel). Also in the sampler are Mint, Dry Mini Mint, and Wintergreen. I am most looking forward to the Wintergreeen, as I used to love Skoal.

BTW, I don't currently smoke or use any other tobacco products.

Anyone else enjoy snus?

Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit