Thread: Help

Beans

Help

Hello, I have a Dell Mini 10v I did not like the The dell version of ubuntu so I did a clean install and installed Ubwhen you have to pick a time zoneuntu 9.04 Everything worked fine untill 9.10 was released and I did a clean install In 9.10 windows were jumping around I was unable to click on tabs such as when I tried to configure my wireless connection It would just flutter and return to the first tab plus I had no sound I could not use anything Even in the set up during the install when you have to pick a time zone I would hover the mouse over the map and it would fly thru all time zones so i was unable to set the correct time after lurking thru the forums I did another clean install with Ubuntu 8.04 and every thing is working well except again I have no sound But I do have sound thru the headphones I really want 9.10 if any one can figure this problem Oh and by the way when I did the lasy clean install of 8.04 i tried a upgrade to 8.10 and I had the same problems as I did with 9.10 If I am stuck with 8.04 I am ok but I would like sound I hate wearing headphones any help or thoughts would be appreciated
    Last edited by mrdfield; November 12th, 2009 at 02:27 AM. Reason: sorry typing on the del mini 10v i hit keys and it screw up my post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Help

Take that back and start over.

There's this thing called punctuation. No, it's not optional.

Please organize your thoughts and questions in clear terms. This appears to be a stream of semi-conscious noise. I'm not even going to try and decipher it.
    sı ɯǝ1qoɹd ɹnoʎ ʇɐɥʍ ǝǝs ı ʞuıɥʇ ı

Beans

Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by Giblet5 View Post
    Take that back and start over.

There's this thing called punctuation. No, it's not optional.

Please organize your thoughts and questions in clear terms. This appears to be a stream of semi-conscious noise. I'm not even going to try and decipher it.
    Ok sorry I got a del mini 10v with the dell/ubuntu OS, I did not like it and did a clean install of Ubuntu 9.04 which worked great. When 9.10 was released ,I did a clean install during the install I was unable to set the time due to the mouse hovering over the map and could not set the time it kept fluttering over other time zones,So I completed the install and when I attempted to coonect to my wireless net work I could not select the tab as it would revert back to the first tab also any time I would try to scroll down such as in system it would jump back to the top I did a clean install of ubuntu 8.04 and did an upgrade to 8.10 and found I was having the same trouble , I then did another clean install of Ubuntu 8.04 and it works except there is no sound So i did another clean install with the Dell/Ubuntu and it all worked except I was unable to do updates for some reason so I did another clean install with Ubuntu 8.04 desktop version and all works except sound But I do get sound thru headphones hope you can help sorry for the confusing post