Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How To: Setup DOD Common Access Card (CAC) for service portals

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How To: Setup DOD Common Access Card (CAC) for service portals

Quote Originally Posted by cyanidin View Post
    I was having problems getting my card reader to work as well. I tried upgrading the card reader firmware, installing a newer version of coolkey, pointing to the 64bit shared objects (.so), adding the module directly with modutil, and installing cackey.
    I removed the modutil configuration I had added it still crashed. I removed coolkey and the libckyapplet1 and Firefox stopped crashing.

I know this is not a definitive answer, but, for DoD users, I recommend uninstalling coolkey and installing cackey. You will need to go to a system that allows CAC login to download the OS specific package you need from https://software.forge.mil/sf/frs/do...cac/frs.cackey. If it is impossible for you to access www.forge.mil, contact your signal support personnel and ask for them to email a current version of cackey to your .mil email address.

Viola! Violin! Cello!
    Can you update the tutorial? I can copy-paste ino terminal, but all this stuff is way over my head. Ubuntu 11.10 broke my CAC card. It worked fine until I updated.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sgt-slyde View Post
    thanks, ponga! That worked fine - just went in out at work and downloaded the rpm file from software.forge and copied the .so file into my pkcs11 folder and now it's reading my gemalto 144 card like a champ!

hope this works for me

Beans

Thanks for all of the information. I had to get the CACkey from work & send it home using G-mails draft option (the servers at work stripped the file). I put the libcackey.so in the lib64/pkcs11 folder & loaded it. Now Firefox recognizes my card & I can log into the AF Portal. My next thing is to get IT Learning working, that's the whole reason I did this.

Beans

Updated the tutorial, a key step now is to install certificates from the new site and enable FIPS in the security devices window. Working on Firefox 11.0 64 bit system.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567