Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: How To: Setup DOD Common Access Card (CAC) for service portals

Beans

Re: How To: Setup DOD Common Access Card (CAC) for service portals

Quote Originally Posted by lingenfr View Post
    I am back at work today, so I downloaded the deb and the src. Has anyone used these on 64-bit 10.10? If I don't hear back, I will try the deb and see if it throws an error.
    OK, as expected, when I tried to install the deb it wouldn't saying 'wrong architecture'. So, I unzipped the src and tried to compile. The ./configure failed. I wasn't sure what needed to be installed in order to compile. I have build-essential, but didn't know what else I needed. The config.log is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lingenfr; December 14th, 2010 at 02:36 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Did you try to "un-zip" the RPM file and manually copy the libcackey.so into the /usr/lib64/pkcs11 directory? That's what worked for me on the 64-bit install on my Intel i3.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

Beans

Great post, thanks for sharing you hard work and knowledge. Was hoping someone could help me a bit though. I my CAC working on ubuntu previously Ubuntu 10.04 ... now for some reason I decided to take my laptop to the next level.... So now I'm running 10.10 64 bit....

Everything seemed to install correctly, however I can't access anything. When I go to my portal (AKO) I just get an access denied error. any ideas?

thanks Rob

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by tlhodgson View Post
    I can get my computer set up to do everything except digitally sign pure edge forms. Can anyone out there tell me how to do that? I'm running xubuntu 10.04.

I can sign into AKO, I can view pure edge forms, but I can't actually digitally sign them. Any help would be great. Thanks.
    I have the same problem also. I tried using wine, but it just got too tricky.Now Im trying to get this to work for DTS, but I think it will only work in explorer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by rwslippey View Post
    Great post, thanks for sharing you hard work and knowledge. Was hoping someone could help me a bit though. I my CAC working on ubuntu previously Ubuntu 10.04 ... now for some reason I decided to take my laptop to the next level.... So now I'm running 10.10 64 bit....

Everything seemed to install correctly, however I can't access anything. When I go to my portal (AKO) I just get an access denied error. any ideas?

thanks Rob
    Try deleting your cookies and stuff in firefox.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ok, I'm having a major problem getting this working with ubuntu 11.04 and the stock firefox that comes with it. I've set this up a bunch of times before, and it was pretty simple.

Here's my problem, as soon as I insert my CAC card into the CAC reader, firefox crashes. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Beans

I am having trouble, too. I also am running 11.04 64-bit version.

I can use the scan command in the terminal and it will identify my CAC.

Firefox will "hang" and then give a crash report any time I try to access a site using PKI.

I tried to unload the CAC Module to try and load the cackey version from the .mil software portal mentioned in this thread. Everytime I try to reload the CAC Module, Firefox gives an error "Cannot load Module". It will give me this same error if I try to point it to the coolkey module also.

Beans

I have the same problem. I was able to get around the initial crash from just loading the firefox module (just take out your CAC when you select the module). So, even though I finally got the module loaded in firefox, it crashes when I insert a CAC.

Quote Originally Posted by ken_23434 View Post
    I am having trouble, too. I also am running 11.04 64-bit version.

I can use the scan command in the terminal and it will identify my CAC.

Firefox will "hang" and then give a crash report any time I try to access a site using PKI.

I tried to unload the CAC Module to try and load the cackey version from the .mil software portal mentioned in this thread. Everytime I try to reload the CAC Module, Firefox gives an error "Cannot load Module". It will give me this same error if I try to point it to the coolkey module also.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

same problem here. does anyone have a solution for this yet?
    gw

"If the HelpDesk determines that your questions is stupid, we will set you on fire."

Beans

I was having problems getting my card reader to work as well. I tried upgrading the card reader firmware, installing a newer version of coolkey, pointing to the 64bit shared objects (.so), adding the module directly with modutil, and installing cackey.
    I removed the modutil configuration I had added it still crashed. I removed coolkey and the libckyapplet1 and Firefox stopped crashing.

I know this is not a definitive answer, but, for DoD users, I recommend uninstalling coolkey and installing cackey. You will need to go to a system that allows CAC login to download the OS specific package you need from https://software.forge.mil/sf/frs/do...cac/frs.cackey. If it is impossible for you to access www.forge.mil, contact your signal support personnel and ask for them to email a current version of cackey to your .mil email address.

Viola! Violin! Cello!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast