Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing Rhythmbox ID3 tag demuxer plugin

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Missing Rhythmbox ID3 tag demuxer plugin

To who?

You or the guy who suggested Banshee?

I want a kickin' music player to be included in the default Ubuntu distro and supported.

Let's get this done.

Beans

Exaile has totally broken ipod support. Banshee ipod support, on the other hand, is only mostly broken. When will we be back to where we were with amarok 1.4?

Beans

hey!
    a year - and a LTS!! - after it was last said that Rhythmbox would be abandoned, I still have the same problem, I was willing to wait for 6 month, but this really sucks! Why is the only thing that never works the Wicked media player! I can setup a SSH server and login from work ok, but god forbid I could play my songs in peace!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Listen isn't that stable..crashes on me all the time (for example: opening wikipedia tab crashes down my compiz). amarok is probably the best media player in existance but it still has some compatibility problems with gnome and a lot of gnome stuff (docky, gnome do) don't have any plugins for it..

quite upsetting...I love gnome but I love my music collection even more

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It's a shame that there arent any decent music players on Ubuntu. I've gotten sick of Amarok 2's wierdness (and I really really miss the old one's visualization), so now I switched to rhythmbox. It's nice and fast, but it's just not as good as the old Amarok

Is Rhythmbox really dying out? Because it seems to be alive and kicking from the gnome project page. No mention of it being unmaintaned or anything

What's the cause of Rhythmbox's ID3 bug? Perhaps I can somehow find a fix for it, I've got a bit of C/C++ experience.
    Last edited by 9a3eedi; May 6th, 2010 at 07:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I've been having much the same problem with mostly the same result. I can't stand Amarok 2 and I don't really like Rythmbox that much either. What really bothered me was losing ipod support.

But ... I used the guide here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=amarok

and got Amarok 1.4 installed without a hitch. I can't say whether this will help or not but it worked great for me.

And installing v1.4 on Lucid got me back support for my ipod Nano 5g. Supposedly the new libgpod4 libraries will support the ipod touch now too.

I hope this helps someone else.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

hello,
    I also had problems with mp3 files in Lucid which didn't occur in karmic. I checked the gstreamer packages as advised here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...32#post9324532
    but it didn't work. Then found that soundconverter needed gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse,
    I installed the packages and mp3 is working in rythmbox,VLC and audacity.
    H

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Found here:

Re: ID3 Tag Demuxer
    I had this problem each time I opened Rhythmbox. As it turns out there were some MP3's, possibly corrupted, causing the problem. Rhythmbox lists* the files that it's struggling with, so I was able to identify those files and move/delete them from Rhythmbox's source folders and this solved my problem.

Even if you don't use Rhythmbox, I suggest setting it up and pointing it at your MP3's. This way you'll at least be able to identify those MP3's that are causing the "ID3 tag demuxer" issues.

* See Side Pane >> Library >> Import Errors
    This worked for me, i hope it helps....

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Subito Piano View Post
    Found here:

This worked for me, i hope it helps....
    Wow. I've been reading this thread top to bottom and all I saw was an individual asking a valid question about a standard package on the release version of Ubuntu and no one had anything for him but "Use a different player" or you're out of luck, fix it yourself.

OWCH. That's not proper support. That is what this forum is about right? Support?

I have the same issue with the ID3 tag demuxer not being found.

Thank you for your APPLICABLE reply to this individual's question.
    Free speech is the most important aspect of a liberated society.

oxf is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by tnt533 View Post
    Wow. I've been reading this thread top to bottom and all I saw was an individual asking a valid question about a standard package on the release version of Ubuntu and no one had anything for him but "Use a different player" or you're out of luck, fix it yourself.

OWCH. That's not proper support. That is what this forum is about right? Support?

I have the same issue with the ID3 tag demuxer not being found.

Thank you for your APPLICABLE reply to this individual's question.
    It's rather bizare isn't it! There seems to be some sort of conspiracy of silence about Rhythmbox/Gstreamer and associated problems. Over time I've asked a number of questions on these topics and mostly I get silence (or try something else) Either that or people know very little about the subject. Even the Ubuntu Community Documentation states that "Gstreamer is broken"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast