Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: E17(Enlightenment-DR17) repo

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

Exclamation E17(Enlightenment-DR17) repo

I run the website http://seerofsouls.com which for years has been the largest 3rd party repo for Mandriva. Now, I'm proud to announce that I'm expanding and building deb packages.

The first repo is now up and running and everyone is welcome to give it a try. The repo is for the E17 (Enlightenment-DR17) window manager.

E17 is a window manager that many users have requested there be debs for over the past year or so. So here they are. SoS will be building weekly builds if not more than just once a week. These debs are built directly from a daily/nightly CVS checkout so that the latest and greatest stuff is always built into the packages. We encourage you to try these packages and let us know what you think about them, or even if you have any problems.

All you have to do is visit http://seerofsouls.com and click on the 'Deb Packages' tab at the top of the page. It explains how to add the repo and what command you should do to install the majority of E17. I have a contact form on the site as well if you have any issues or comments.

I hope to see much feedback from everyone about this new E17 repo.

Code:
    deb http://SeerOfSouls.com/ dapper e17
    Then to install the basics, perform this command:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install enlightenment emodules0-all
    Enjoy and can't wait for everyones responses to these great packages!
    Last edited by Hawkwind; August 4th, 2006 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Missed a command

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Re: E17(Enlightenment-DR17) repo

Thank you Hawkwind! =D> =D> =D>

It's very gracious of you to give server room to this and the E17 debs are a fantastic beginning!

Thanks again. I look forward to loading and new set of E17 debs tonight.

Kelvin

Beans

I get this when trying to install the packages
    (Reading database ... 147173 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking enlightenment (from .../enlightenment_1%3a0.16.999.032-0cvs20060801_i386.deb) ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/enlightenment_1%3a0.16.999.032-0cvs20060801_i386.deb (--unpack):
    trying to overwrite `/usr/share/xsessions/enlightenment.desktop', which is also in package enlightenment-data
    dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/enlightenment_1%3a0.16.999.032-0cvs20060801_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Looks like you have an old version (E16 or E17) of Enlightment installed that the install want to write a session file for your DM in the same place:

/usr/share/xsessions/enlightenment.desktop

If you are also using E16 then maybe you could rename or delete that file before trying to install E17. If you delete it then you might not to be able to log into E16 if that's what you are using. So renameing it and the session variables in it might be a better choice. If you have an old verision of E17 installed then you can just delete the file.

Hope this helps.

/Phil

Beans

well seeing as I never had any version of enlightenment installed..its odd how I got it..
    Last edited by mgsfan; August 3rd, 2006 at 02:05 AM.

Beans

Same basic error below. Your repo is using the name "enlightenment" for the e17 packages. That is the same name used by e16 in the multiverse repo. You need to change the name from enlightenment to something else to avoid confusion.

Code:
    (Reading database ... 91146 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking enlightenment (from .../enlightenment_1%3a0.16.999.032-0cvs20060801_i386.deb) ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/enlightenment_1%3a0.16.999.032-0cvs20060801_i386.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/share/xsessions/enlightenment.desktop', which is also in package enlightenment-data
    dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/enlightenment_1%3a0.16.999.032-0cvs20060801_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

You need to include in your install command the enlightenment-data app as well. That will fix the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

I have both installed currently. E17 installs to /usr/local/bin and enlightenment installs to /usr/bin

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

Though I do agree I think we need to change the name to stop confusion. Hopefully we will have a new build tomorrow to help eleviate this problem. Thanks for the suggestion as it only makes the repo better for everyone

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

the namething should be resolved so you don't get confused when installing E17 as a few files remain in the apt-cache from E16, among them is enlightenment-data which is a E16 package and seam to conflict with enlightenment which is the Enlightenment 17 main app. The easiest thing might include a conflict setting between those packages we enlightenment (E17) is built on our part.

Right now the solution is not to install or have the enlightment-data package installed as it's not part of E17 but old E16 and conflicts with the sessionfile.

Regards,

Phil

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast