Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Layout Organization

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Forum Layout Organization

Quote Originally Posted by YourSurrogateGod
    This is a blessing in disguise imo. Now that we'll only have links, there won't be anymore instances where one large photo in the screenshot threads that will be downloaded for everyone whether they like it or not (and screws the look of the forum.)
    no... thumbnails. The good ones
    So... a 1337 java programmer walks into a bar...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

i like it but im not sure about the whole thing being centered in the screen, it seems like bad HCI(human computer interaction) to me, surely the natural place for it to be is shifted to the left? (or maybe to the right for people who read right to left).

also the ammount of scrolling one has to go though on the main page seems a might unnessassery, maybe more highlighting of the main sections too.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by benplaut
    no... thumbnails. The good ones
    Ok, I know what you mean now. I misunderstood. That wouldn't be a bad idea to have it re-enabled.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

As I said on the IRC channel, how about merging the Ubuntu and Kubuntu Gaming sections into one, all-inclusive Gaming section? Quite a lot of games are DE-independent, and more people (and thus more solutions) are in the Ubuntu Gaming section, so Kubuntu gamers who don't check the Ubuntu part of the forums miss out.

But over all, very nice job on the reorganization. The cleaned-up layout and organization is great.
    What's wrong with closed and open source co-exisiting?

Beans
    Hidden!

hm.

Beans
    Hidden!

also - i don't like having a page full of subforums to scroll down past when going to community chat.
    So... a 1337 java programmer walks into a bar...

Beans

I can confirm that Kubuntu Blue fills the screen. The rest of the forum layout remains the same as the default setting.
    Manually installing software and setting up your system is always preferable. However, there is not one thing wrong with using Automatix for getting it done the easy way. Get Automatix2 Support Here

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

In my opinion - the use of whitespace for the subforums is badly done. While it may make it easier to read - it increases the vertical height of the page by a LOT.. and not many people are going to want to have to scroll down the whole of the page. I know I dont.

The forum markers with the new subforums list look out of place - due to them being valign=middle ... though I'm not too sure this is easily fixable without splitting the cell up.

The forum width thing is something I've had to deal with many a time - whereas I don't like it myself due to the fact that I'm on a high resolution, I'm sure those browsing on 640x480 like it even less!!!

Would it not be possible to offer a Fixed width and a variable width skin?

I'll post more comments on problems as and when I see them
    Regards,
    Mez
    Backports Lead & MOTU

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

The white sidebars should be smaller but other than that, I actually like this new look.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Question Re: Forum Layout Organization

The new layout seems ok, have to get used to the bar te the left and the right of the content.
    Is it possible that these changes changed the behaviour of the forum? I can no longer post or start a new thread in the Dapper Drake forum, actually I can´t do anything there, it was all possible yesterday...

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast